Lead attorney for business and real estate litigation matters at Douglas A. Turner, P.C. in Golden, Colorado, D.J. Marcus has been building a portfolio of trial victories ranging from complex commercial litigation and real estate disputes to small, county court cases. Able to guide clients through mediation to obtain optimal settlements, Dave is also ready to take client cases all the way to verdict and, if necessary, to the appellate level.
D. J. has significant experience in all phases of litigation, from initial pleadings though trial and appeal. He has managed discovery, including document production, e-discovery, and depositions, in complex cases involving thousands of documents. He has also succeeded in having claims dismissed after a Plaintiff’s case-in-chief and has authored appellate briefs, including to the Colorado Supreme Court.
D.J. also advises clients on business matters, including non-compete/non-disclosure agreements, entity formation and structuring, and tax matters.
- Lead a quiet title action to consolidate abandoned timeshare unit-weeks, allowing the client to sell the complex.
- Successfully defeated a motion to intervene in a $3.2 million real estate deal.
- Domesticating $1.8 million foreign country judgment in Colorado and collecting against fraudulently transferred real property.
- Successfully defended client’s medical and recreational marijuana business from $1 million derivative action from a former partner for successor liability.
- Multiple successful commercial FED actions, obtaining possession and deficiency judgments.
- Defended against non-solicitation clause violations.
Continuing Education Taught
- The New 1099 Requirements for Businesses – December 2010
- Single-member LLCs – June 2011
- Forming and Converting to LLCs – June 2012
Community and Volunteering
- Evergreen HS Mock Trial Team Coach